In order for the labels to feed properly during printing, pay attention to the following when loading labels on the spool and into the printer:
- The label spool guide must be pushed flush against the label roll, with no gap. See Figure 6.
- The labels must be loaded with the left edge of the label inserted against the left edge of the label feed slot. See Figure 8. To load a label roll
- Remove the label spool from inside the top cover and pull the spool guide from the spindle.
- Hold the spool spindle in your left hand and place the label roll on the spindle so that the labels feed from underneath and the left edge of the label roll is firmly against the side of the spool. See Figure 5.
- Spool guide Spool spindle Slide the spool guide onto the right side of the spool and press the guide tightly against the side of the label roll, leaving no gap between the roll and the spool. See Figure 6. NOTE To ensure proper feeding of labels during printing, the label roll must fit snugly against both sides of the label spool, with no gaps.
- Insert the label spool into the slot in the printer cover with the labels extending from underneath the roll. See Figure 7.
- Align the left edge of the label with the left edge of the label feed slot and insert the label into the slot. See Figure 8. The printer automatically feeds the label, stopping at the beginning of the first label. If the printer does not feed the labels, make sure the first label is fully inserted and then press the form-feed button. If the first label on the roll is not a full label, press the form-feed button to eject the partial label.
- Slide the label guide to the left until the label guide aligns with the right edge of the label. See Figure 8. Make sure that the label guide does not pinch the label.
- Carefully lower the top cover.